Simple and easy… what could be better :)
Cheese And Roast Beef Sandwiches
1 tablespoon butter
1 cup thinly sliced onions
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1 (10 oz) can French onion soup, undiluted, or 1 can beef broth
1 lb thinly sliced roast beef
4-6 hoagie or sub rolls, split
4-6 slices provolone or Swiss cheese
- In skillet, melt butter; add onions and mushrooms. Cook until tender.
- Add soup; bring to a boil.
- Gently stir in roast beef and allow to heat through; remove from heat.
- Divide beef and onions among 4-6 rolls.
- Top each with a slice of cheese.
- Place under broiler until cheese melts.
- Serve remaining broth for dipping.
If you’re in a hurry or have onion/mushroom haters, they may be omitted without affecting the yumminess. Simply skip the first step in the recipe.
We always use beef broth instead of onion soup and find this makes at least 6 sandwiches for us.