Tuesday, September 13, 2011

It’s that time again.

Well, actually it has been for about a week now…
pslatte2[3]
Pumpkin spice is back at your local Starbucks! 
I previously have posted two different DIY pumpkin spice recipes.
While I love the Just Like Starbucks version… find it HERE… the powdered creamer is faster and more convenient. 
Plus.  Unless I have company to make it for, I always have leftover canned pumpkin in my fridge with Just Like Starbucks.  Not-enough-to-use-in-baking and starting-to-get-icky-and-dry pumpkin.   I hate wasting perfectly good pumpkin like that! 
So.  Except for special occasions or company, Pumpkin Spice Creamer it is!
PUMPKIN SPICE COFFEE CREAMER
1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup powdered coffee creamer
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon vanilla
Dump all of the ingredients into a food processor and process for about a minute, or until it is powdery smooth and the texture is even.  Store in a lidded container.
*You can add more or less pumpkin pie spice and/or vanilla, according to your tastes.  Splenda can be substituted for sugar. 
**Double or triple the ingredients (quadruple?) so you don’t have to make it as often.  Just sayin’.
mmmmcanusmellitcuzIcanandIwantanotherone[4]
PS.  Don’t forget a bit of whipped cream and a dusting of spice on top!
Linking to: 
Photobucket

18 comments:

Jenna said...

Love Love Love you for this recipe, I can't wait to try it, yummy!!

Unknown said...

Oh I love you for posting this! It's my favorite! Thanks, I'm visiting from Nest of Poises :)

Tiffini said...

now this is something I would use..to replace my regular Coffeemate creamer. I will have to try some:)
xo

Carrie @ My Favorite Finds said...

Did you know that you can freeze canned pumpkin in ice cube trays for future use? You could just freeze what you have left so it doesn't go to waste.

Shelley said...

Thanks for the tip, Carrie! I'll definitely try freezing it next time :)

Tanya said...

You are heavenly to post this. That latte is like crack to me! I am poor so this is awesome!

Funky Junk Interiors said...

I can barely speak! I can't wait to try this. :) And the other recipe too. I don't care... I just want it!!

Featured on FJI Facebook for SNS 99. :)

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150367593646141&set=a.192514281140.164586.175378011140&type=1&theater

Donna

Kitty B said...

This looks DELICIOUS!!! I'm an ex-barist and love sharing these sort of recipes on my blog! I'd love for you to link up to this weeks Saturday Show-off!
http://threeyearsofdeath.blogspot.com/2011/09/saturday-show-off-link-up-4.html

deb said...

OMG!! Thank you SOOOO much for sharing!!
*hugs*deb

paige said...

Yummy! We don't have pumpkin spice lattes where we live...I might be able to find some pumpkin pie spice, though!

I would love for you to link up with my new weekend linky party -

Creative Genius - http://www.thecreativepaige.com

Kay Ellen said...

I will have to give it try!! looks yummy:))

Happy Showcase Sunday!

pop by and check out my bike!

kay ellen

Marianne said...

Sounds yummy, but help this international out. You put some of this in your coffee? Or do you make it as is, with hot water, milk? Hope I can find pumpkin pie spice here, but I sure am going to look for it.

Krista@RustikChic said...

YUM! My favorite drink ever. Thanks for sharing:)

Jackie said...

I will def have to try this, because the pre-made pumpkin creamers just don't do it for me. Thanks!

Mindie Hilton said...

Love it. Thanks for sharing at Bacon Time, I am going to feature this on Thursday afternoon too!

Anita Rex said...

Sounds good! Do you add just this to coffee?? And for others asking you can make your own pumpkin pie spice, just google it there are several versions bascially it's nutmeg, cinnamon, and something else I think ginger...

The Worthen's said...

Great idea and sounds yummy! I'm thinking this would be a great homemade Christmas gift idea, but how well does it keep? Does it need to be refridgerated?

Shelley said...

Hello all :)

In answer to a few of your questions: Yes, you stir this into your cup of coffee. It is very similar to powdered "Coffeemate" flavored powder creamers from the supermarket...

Yes, they make great gifts and will keep a long time! They do not need to be refrigerated :)

I make them for my dad every year... he is a diabetic and I use splenda instead of sugar for him.

I have more flavors of coffee creamer posted here:

http://prairiecottagerose.blogspot.com/2010/02/bliss-for-your-coffee.html

Thank you all for your kind comments :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...