Friday, January 20, 2012

Yarn wrapped Valentine hearts

 

002

I am really in love with anything yarn-wrapped lately.  A fast and easy way to use up leftover yarn. . . what’s not to love?!

Hearts are the latest thing I’ve subjected to the yarn wrap.  You could make them any size, but I made some smallish ones to use as bowl and vase fillers. 

Start by drawing hearts onto cardboard.  I traced around a cookie cutter onto a box leftover from Christmas morning. 

0120 040

Cut them out.  Don’t worry if they’re not perfect!  The yarn will cover up any uneven edges or stray pen marks.  Begin wrapping around the heart.  You can secure the first strand of yarn with a piece of tape or just hold it for a few wraps, until it’s covered. 

0120 0400120 042

Switch directions while continuing to wrap the heart.  Make sure as you wrap that you are covering the heart evenly and hiding the cardboard, so it doesn’t peek through at all. 

0120 044

Once you’ve completely covered the heart, tuck the end under a few strands of yarn and add a dab of hot glue. 

0120 046

Use as filler in bowls, vases, centerpieces.

0120 048

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

100_3491

 

 

001

VaLeNTiNe BLeSSiNGs!

 

20 comments:

Christina at I Gotta Create! said...

These are so sweet and I love that its simply cardboard under there! Great upcycle.

Christina at I Gotta Create! said...

Oh: forgot to mention....Pinning!!

Christine@ Projects Around the House said...

These are so cute! I love any projects that have to do with yarn :)

Christine @ Projectsaroundthehouse.blogspot.com

Aretusa said...

Hi dear!
I loved so much your project and made a post about it in my blog.
Here is the link:
http://petitepoohmonamour.blogspot.com/2012/01/cuori-di-lana-yarn-wrapped-hearts.html
Hope you'll enjoy it.
Hugs,
Aretusa
Petit Pooh Mon Amour

Lindy@Itsy Bitsy Paper said...

How cute. I hope you will link up to my I Heart Projects Party!
http://www.itsybitsypaperblog.com/2012/01/i-heart-projects-linky-party.html

Crafty Mischief said...

Cute! Cute! Cute! And so simple! I love things like this! I found you through Making the World Cuter. Thanks for sharing! :)

Bonnie and Trish @ Uncommon Designs said...

Adorable! There is just something about yarn that is just so warm and cozy!! :) Great job!
We would LOVE for you to link up to our Uncommonly Yours link party! ;)

www.uncommondesignsonline.com

Michaela @ coveredinmodpodge.blogspot.com said...

this is such a great idea. thanks for sharing!

marissa | Rae Gun Ramblings said...

I love these I hope you'll link this up at my What We Wore and Made Party over at http://raegunwear.blogspot.com/search/label/WWWMW

Little City Farm said...

What a cute and easy craft for Valentine's. Would love it if you would share at our Link It Up Thursday party. http://thesepeastastefunny.blogspot.com/2012/01/link-it-up-thursday-4.html

Vicky @ Mess For Less said...

I just love the ease and simplicity of this. Will have to try it. I am pinning this. I am a new follower visiting from House of Hepworths. Vicky from Mess For Less

Melanie @ bear rabbit bear said...

Great idea. Very festive. Happy you linked to Things I've Done Thursday!

www.bearrabbitbear.com

P.S. I'd like to invite you back to check out my new blog makeover and to enter my current giveaways!! Have an excellent weekend!

SPH said...

What a great way to use up those little bits and bobs of yarn! So adorable...
Ann @ Suburban Prairie Homemaker
http://www.suburbanprairiehomemaker.com

Sailing with bare feet said...

Such a cute Idea!! I love it !!



http://sailingwithbarefeet.blogspot.com

Alison @ Oopsey Daisy said...

These are absolutely darling!! Thanks for sharing at oopsey daisy!

Jessica@SewHomegrown said...

Very cute! I wonder if I could do the same thing with ribbon?

Unknown said...

Ooo another fun yarn project! :) These are too cute!

Mindie Hilton said...

Such a simple and sweet idea. Super cute! Good luck from Bacon Time.

Jessa said...

Creative and cute! Love these! Thanks for joining, pinning and tweeting.

screendoorgirl3 said...

These are so sweet and pretty. I love yarn and all of it's possibilities! Thanks..

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...