Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Superhero Art


SANY1173
After seeing the superhero art by I Am Momma Hear Me Roar, I was inspired to do a painting for my grandkid’s bedrooms.
SANY1179
Even though mine are over 4 feet long, they are still smaller than the painting at I Am Momma (they used a hollow core door). 
SANY1175
The superhero theme is perfect for Nolan.  And I made it first.  See, I thought because of the clean lines and lack of details, it would be easier.
Ha!  Not so at all.  At least not for me… it’s really hard to be that exact :)
SANY1176
Also.  I had to change up the heroes a bit.  We couldn’t leave out Mr. Spiderman!
SANY1177
I chose a Bible verse for each painting.  Nolan’s is Isaiah 11:2 --
The Spirit of the Lord will rest on him—
the Spirit of wisdom and of understanding,
the Spirit of counsel and of might,
the Spirit of the knowledge and fear of the Lord.
I’ll show you Skyleigh’s painting next week ;)
signature2

1 comment:

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

oh my goodness... this is fantastic!! and i love that you chose a bible verse for each painting. what a precious gift for your grandkids! can't wait to see the next one! thanks so much for sharing with us 'in the studio' this week! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...