Friday, February 11, 2011

The Sweetest Valentine


1February 018
I completely love this VaLeNTiNe arrangement of John 3:16 . . .
For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life
Notice how the words and lines are positioned so that the word VALENTINE is spelled from letters in the verse?
I make some every year in different craft forms.  This year I made a wood version (which I’ll show you soon) and this pillow. 
1February 019
The words are embroidered on muslin.  I sewed and stuffed a larger red heart, then used buttonhole stitching to attach the muslin.
Added fabric flowers, a vintage key and some buttons. . .
1February 020
The sweetest Valentine. 
1February 022
I participate in THESE linky parties!

9 comments:

Samantha said...

So beautiful, love how the words line up to make valentine !
~ Blessings to you dear friend.

chris said...

Not only beautiful...but clever too! One of my most favorite scriptures.

Liberty said...

I LOVE it!!! I'm currently making a "the greatest of these is Love" and "be still and KNOW" embroidery designs for dishcloths and couch pillows. Mine are machine embroidery, though. Didn't mean to ramble, but I really really love your creation.

xxoo,
Liberty
www.libertyoriginal.blogspot.com

Seven Sisters said...

lovin' this!! check out our similar post this week!
7sisters

Ginger said...

So sweet!

Fonda @Southern Scraps said...

Awesome! I love this version of John 3:16 too.

Rosali said...

Muy lindo el corazón. Feliz San Valentin (amistad y amor).

Laurel {Make and Takes} said...

I really love this! And I'd love for you to submit it to the M&T Spotlight: http://www.makeandtakes.com/spotlight

Mindie Hilton said...

So creative and pretty. Good luck with the contest. I fixed the button too, hugs from Bacon Time

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...