A quick gooey caramel version of the classic monkey bread. It doesn't last long at my house... I couldn't even get a picture of it before someone dug in! :o)
Caramel Monkey Bread
4 tubes refrigerated biscuit dough
2/3 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350. Mix 2/3 cup white sugar with 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon in a bowl with a lid.
- Open 1 can of biscuits and tear each biscuit into 3 pieces, placing the pieces in the sugar/cinnamon mixture.
- Put the lid on the bowl. Shake until the biscuit pieces are well coated with cinnamon sugar, then put the pieces in an ungreased angel food or bundt cake pan.
- Repeat steps 1 through 3 for each can of biscuits, adding another 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon into the remaining sugar before opening each can.
- Melt butter and stir in brown sugar. Bring to a boil and boil 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Pour over the prepared biscuit pieces.
- Bake 35-40 minutes, until golden brown. Cool 5-10 minutes and invert onto serving plate. Prepare for the onslaught of famished monkey bread eaters.