Monday, August 10, 2009

CRaZy CRuSt MeXiCaN Pie

This is one of those in a pinch, last minute recipes. The ingredients are fairly simple and you most likely already have most of them. If you have precooked hamburger from the freezer, it comes together even faster. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!

Crazy Crust Mexican Dinner
For the crust:
1/2 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup shortening
1/2 cup sour cream
1 egg

For the filling:
1 pound ground beef, browned & drained
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 can chili or kidney beans (16 oz)
1 can tomato sauce (8 oz)

Heat oven to 425 degrees. Lightly grease a 10" pie pan. Throw all the crust ingredients into a bowl and lightly mix with a fork. It will look weird and lumpy. Please do not panic. That's why it's called a "crazy" crust :-) Spread the batter very thinly on the bottom of your pie pan and more thickly on the sides up to 1/4" from the pan's rim.

Combine the filling ingredients and spoon into the crazy crust. Bake 15-25 minutes, or until the crust is golden and the filling slightly bubbly.

Top with lettuce, tomatoes and grated cheese. Serve with whatever additional taco toppings your family enjoys: guacamole, sour cream, salsa, olives, etc.

Please visit Tasty Tuesday and Tempt My Tummy Tuesday for more great recipes.

13 comments:

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

This sounds pretty good. I like the name of it too!

sawin said...

yum-o!!!

by keiara - lampwork beads said...

oh I'm gonna have to try this!! :) xox

MadeInCanarias said...

I love mexican. It sounds really good!

Samantha said...

This sounds so good, I am trying very soon !
Thanks for sharing, have a blessed day !

Allison said...

This sounds good! We'll have to give it a try! Thanks for sharing!

Stacie said...

We love Mexican. I'll have to give this one a try.

SouthernGal said...

Sounds delish!

Christi @ A Southern Life
http://asouthernlife.com

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

YUM!!! I could make this easily when my sister visits. Thanks for sharing! Visiting from Jen's party! I'm having a Decorating Dilemmas Party on Wednesday...I'd love it if you could come party with us. :) It will be online tonight after 10 (ET).

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

Looks great! My hubby will love it!

Connie said...

This sounds so good! I am going to use it in my meal plan next week!! Thanks for sharing!

Alexis AKA MOM said...

This looks amazing, I love the crazy part I bet the boys would love this! I'm adding it to my list, maybe I can make it this week! Thanks for the yummy recipe :)

Brenda said...

That looks fun and easy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...