Monday, October 19, 2009

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cake


We've been making this cake for at least 15 years. It is very easy and fast. We're especially fond of it because no frosting is required. And we're not so crazy about the frosting. It makes a large cake and if it's too much for your family, just freeze it for later. Wrap individual slices in plastic wrap or wax paper and place them in a zipper freezer bag. They'll keep for at least 6 months in the freezer and still be just as delicious as day one. I hope you enjoy trying it!

PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP CAKE:

3 cups flour
2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon each of salt, ground allspice & ground cloves
4 eggs
1 can pumpkin (16 oz)
1 cup vegetable oil
1 cup mini chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350. Combine dry ingredients in a large mixer bowl until well blended. Add remaining ingredients except chocolate chips. Mix well. Stir the chocolate chips in by hand. Pour into a greased bundt pan. Bake 1 hour & 15 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan 5 minutes and then cool completely on a wire rack. Dust with powdered sugar when cool, if desired.

Please visit Tasty Tuesday and Tempt My Tummy Tuesday for lots more great recipes.

8 comments:

SnoWhite said...

I love the combination of pumpkin and chocolate -- it's one of my favorite fall flavors (besides apple pie!).

Julie said...

Yummy. Love chocolate and pumpkins; together it has to be good! -Jules

Susan - said...

This sound delicious - sounds odd - but I love pumpkin and chocolate together! It's very foggy out here right now - maybe I should go make this and have a cup of coffee!

Unknown said...

This looks terrific!! I really love the pumpkin/chocolate combo. Very yummy :)

Blessings!
Gail

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

This looks amazing....I want to try it this weekend for a church get-together. :)

annies home said...

this may please both me and my hubby my love of pumpkin and his love of chocolate chips I think I will give it a try

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

Oh goodness! That looks so easy and sounds great!!! Thanks for the recipe.

Brenda said...

Looks really, really yummy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...