Monday, September 6, 2010

Watermelon Cake

September 032
All you need for this “cake” is a watermelon.  Yep. That’s it.  Oh, and a knife.
The original recipe is in the August Martha Stewart Living Magazine.  They may still be available for purchase.  But I wouldn’t know-- I get mine from the library b 
Wash and dry the outside of your watermelon.  Cut off about 1/3 from each end and set them aside.   
September 024
Save the 2 ends and level the top and bottom of the “cake.” 
Cut it into 8 wedges and arrange them on your cake plate. 
Using the end pieces that you cut off, make melon balls and pile them on top.  Garnish with an edible flower or a sprig of mint. 
September 026
Voila! The fastest cake in the west… and without even turning on the oven! b
September 033
Linked to: 
Tempt my Tummy Tuesdays

Beauty and Bedlam

3 comments:

Brenda said...

The word "cake" threw me off, but I like the idea a lot!

Brandi said...

Love this idea!!!!

Shannon Jacobyansky said...

This is an awesome idea! I'm going to do this sometime! Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...