Monday, December 20, 2010

Rag Snowman Garland

Dec1 011  
A friend of mine decorates her house with a different monthly theme.  Yes, MONTHLY!

And not just a few little knick knacks. 

She all out decorates. 

Every month. 

All.Year. 

While I don’t have the time/energy/storage space to have a monthly theme, I do big puffy heart dedicating January to sNoW and sNoWmEn.  Knowing I have lots of fun snowmen in the wings takes some of the sting out of packing up the Christmas decor for next year. 

Here's a sneak peak of a rag and wood garland I just finished.  The mittens are cut from wood and hand painted  with a plaid and snowman design.  They’re strung on jute twine -- loving the rag strips!!

Dec1 014

Just hanging out, waiting for January :)


3 comments:

Stef said...

This is so adorable!!
Stef

Sue said...

That is cute and how fun. Not sure if I could get into every month but I sure would like to do more through out the year. I would love to see what she does each month. That would be fun.

Wendy said...

oh how lovely is this! You've got some painting talent girl! Decorating her house every month?? I've only just managed to get the Christmas tree up in time!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...