Friday, January 21, 2011

A month of snowmen

Seems like time is slipping by as quickly as it did in December.  Before January slips completely away and I decorate for Valentine’s Day, I wanted to be sure to share my Winter Decorating with you.

Our wintry weather is only beginning in January and I like to devote the month to snow and snowmen. 

I left the Christmas garland over my red hutch.  I like the twinkle of the white lights at night. Then added some snowflakes, snowmen and icicles: 
January2011 030

The rag snowman garland hangs from the peg shelf.   Dec1 011

Red homespun stars and a snowman sit in a paper mache light box in this little nook.  Again - love happy white lights in the winter evenings :) 
January2011 063

All the glassware in this centerpiece is from either a thrift store or the Dollar Tree and glued together with E6000.  
 January2011 068

I made the snowballs by smearing joint compound onto styrofoam balls.  When they dry, paint them white and sprinkle with glitter while the paint is still damp. 
January2011 069

And finally – just in case you don’t know what snowflakes are made of :)   January2011 062

How do you decorate for winter?

Linking:

Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up         party!UndertheTableandDreamingMaking

5 comments:

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

Visiting via the Weekend Wrap Up, I absolutely love all of your snowman, those balls in the hurricane vases are amazing! and I love your wood blocks.

Unknown said...

I love it all! I think that we tend to forget about winter stuff once Christmas passes. Happy to be a new follower. Please consider linking up to my blog bash K.I.S.S.=Keep It Simple Sunday, link is open til Tues. evening.

http://thetatteredtag.blogspot.com

abeachcottage said...

Was just browsing and saw your little snowman. Loving your winter decorations, the snowballs are a nice touch.

Unknown said...

Thanks for linking up at my blog bash K.I.S.S=Keep It Simple Sunday, I appreciate your creativity.

http://thetatteredtag.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Those snowmen really are fitting this year, aren't they? All your snowmen are cute, but my favorite are the stars in the basket.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...