Monday, November 23, 2009

Lemon Poppy Seed Bread

In case you get tired of pumpkin… here’s something yummy.  And it happens to be easy peasy lemon squeezy.
3534815056_fd8d0800d3 
LEMON POPPY SEED BREAD
1 lemon or yellow cake mix
1 package (3 oz) instant lemon pudding mix
4 eggs
1 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1-2 tablespoons poppy seeds 
3 tablespoons flour 

Throw it all in a bowl.  Beat with a mixer for 3 minutes.  Bake @ 350 in 2 loaf pans or 1 Bundt pan 40-50 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out cleanly.
Variations: 
Chocolate Poppy Seed Cake: Substitute c
hocolate cake mix and chocolate instant pudding. 
Almond Vanilla Poppy Seed Cake: Substitute white cake mix, vanilla instant pudding and add 1 teaspoon almond extract. 
See? Nothing to it.  Be sure to freeze some slices for your holiday trays. 

6 comments:

Samantha said...

I love anything with lemon in it, one of my favorites. This sounds delicious !

jo@blog-diggidy said...

this is a favorite of my hubby's,using the cake mix anyway, what is the advantage of this over a boxed recipe??

Unknown said...

I am a huge lemon fan...all things lemon BUT of all things lemon, lemon poppy seed bread (or muffins) are my favorite.

Blessings!
Gail

Gypsy Heart said...

One of my favorites!

Unknown said...

My hubby love lemon and I like an easy recipe, so this is a must try.
Geri

valady52 said...

This is the best lemon bread that I have ever made.....planning on doing it again today.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...